Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

Rinnai will not kick on. No error codes. Have gas in propane

Customer Question

Good morning. Rinnai will not kick on. No error codes. Have gas in propane tank. I have cleaned inline filter. Thanks in advance for advice.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

What is the model number of your unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rl94
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Assuming you have adequate flow to fire up the unit this is probably a problem with the water flow sensor or the water flow servo. Do you have the manual? do you have an ohm meter? Could also be due to a cross over. Is there a shut off on the hot water line out of the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No manual or ohm meter
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

There isn't much a homeowner can do aside from cleaning the inlet filter. There is one thing you can try but it may not be a good idea if you aren't familiar with this unit. Is the display blank and is there clicking coming from the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Display is on. No clicking
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then there's nothing you further you can do. You'll have to call a plumber who has Rinnai service training

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hooked a hose to clean out valve and flushed the system. Works fine now
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Glad you worked it out. Sounds like you didn't have adequate flow to fire it up.