Noah Klein
Noah Klein,
Experience:  Owner, Master Plumber at Royal Plumbing, LLC
84679524

My Thermasol model 240 (almost brand new) has quit. I had

Customer Question

My Thermasol model 240 (almost brand new) has quit. I had used it and was following with the 45 minute flush cycle (flush valve open for 7 minutes). After closing the valve the unit made steam for a time but then went silent. The control is dead with no illumination. The 240 double breaker is on -- didn't trip. What has happened to this unit? Is there a reset somewhere on it?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Noah Klein replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am a Master Plumber.

First, check to make sure the unit is getting power. Cycle the breaker off and on. If you have an electrical tester, check the wire to be sure it is live (this is a proximity tester that you put against the actual power cord).

If the unit is getting power, check the connection to the remote and be sure it is not damaged and connected properly. Go through the manual, based on your remote style, and reset the unit. Lastly, there could be a specific issue with your remote or your unit. In this case, you would need to call Thermasol.

http://www.thermasol.com/media/pdf/catalog/81127.pdf

I have installed a few of these, and they are pretty reliable. We have only had a few issues and they were ALWAYS a problem with the remote, not the actual unit.

Good Luck!