Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I have a Rheem Powervent 2 water heater that shut off. I

Customer Question

I have a Rheem Powervent 2 water heater that shut off. I turn the powervent on off and it restarts. Today it did not restart. The light is a steady fast flash
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial answer doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

What is the model number of the heater? If it won't start it should flash a sequence (several flashes a pause then repeat) Can you give me a picture of the gas valve?

You can post a picture here by clicking on the paper clip icon in the tool bar at the top of this dialogue box. You can only post from a PC or a Mac not a phone or a tablet. If that doesn’t work for you then you can upload a pic to a file sharing service like Google pics or Dropbox. Then post the “share” link to your picture here or you can email the pic to customer service but the last option can take quite a while to get to me. Click on the CONTACT US link to contact customer service. http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number is41vrp50n
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, so what about the flash sequence? A steady fast flash is a call for heat/normal operation. Does the fan run?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
steady flash call for heat. The fan does not run.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a multi-meter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son might but I don't even know what that is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well it is a voltage checking device I think
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Well, you need a meter to troubleshoot this further. You need to test the voltage at various points in the control circuit. It could be as simple as a bad switch or as expensive as a bad gas control valve.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Do you have any more questions?