Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

Rinnai does not come on. ran the well dry and after it

Customer Question

rinnai does not come on. ran the well dry and after it recovered, no hot water. unplugged it, drained water lines and turned the gas off. waited a couple hours and restarted. but it does not come on. it does a startup cycle type noise but then nothing happens,
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial answer doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The first thing to try is to clean the filter on the cold water inlet connection at the bottom of the unit. If that doesn't work they you could have a bad flow control/sensor. The latter would require a Rinnai trained plumber to replace. You can probably clean out the filter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks but that did not work
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Then you'll probably have to call a plumber since the remaining possibilities require some training to fix.