Nick
Nick, Plumber
Experience:  I have 9 years of experience and a vast knowledge in commercial and residential plumbing.
73147762

My daughter flushed my wedding rings down the toilet

Customer Question

Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Nick replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** to hear this, that's got to be a horrible feeling. The only thing I can suggest is to not flush the toilet anymore or run any water from any fixture that might be connected to the same line. If you are lucky it can still be in the line somewhere before it goes too far and out of reach. You will need to call a plumber with a camera snake. He will be able to run down the line and spot them and then locate them with the sonar detector them cut into the line where they are and grab them. The only thing that would complicate this is if you are in a slab and your waste line is under concrete. Then concrete would need to be broken up to get to them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How expensive is this usually?
Expert:  Nick replied 1 year ago.

I honestly couldn't tell you how much. My company doesn't usually do service calls being a commercial new plumbing company. We have to equipment to do this but don't know how much a residential service plumber would charge. I know just to show up to the house it cost about $50 to $65. Then using the camera and locator and cutting into the line can either hourly which might be around $50 and hour or they might have flat rate for certain things. Your best bet would be to call and explain your situation and whatever info on your house and plumbing you can give them and ask for a rough estimate before they come out to determine if it is the route you want to go

Expert:  Nick replied 1 year ago.

A rough guess would be anywhere from 200 to 300 give or take but that's just a guess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you don't know how many times it was flushed before I realized so don't know if there is a chance it's even there:(
Expert:  Nick replied 1 year ago.

There's a really good chance they made there way down to the main sewer then unless they wedged themselves into a gap on a joint are just sitting there. Good luck and let me know if you need anymore assistance with this.

Expert:  Nick replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget to rate my service once you are satisfied with the answer to your question. Thanks