Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

How do you stop the sweating on a tank and bowl

Customer Question

how do you stop the sweating on a tank and bowl
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial answer doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

Toilets sweat because the water in the toilet cools it off making it colder that the air in the room. If the air in the room is humid then you get condensation on the toilet. There are 2 ways to approach this; reduce the humidity in the room or warm the water going into the bowl. Air conditioning is one common way to reduce the humidity. You can warm the water going into the toilet by installing a tempering valve on the water supply to the toilet. A tempering valve mixes a little hot water with the cold water which makes the water that fills the toilet not as cold so the toilet won't "sweat".

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

The quickest way to air out a house is with a whole house fan. There are a number of different options. The link below is one

Fan at Home Depot

This type is typically cut into the ceiling on the top floor of the house and the air is exhausted out vent in the attic. There are other versions that are more expensive and have different ways of exhausting the air in the house here is another type

Ducted fan