Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

My sinkmaster was misused by having plastic wrappers

Customer Question

My sinkmaster was misused by having plastic wrappers disposed of. Cleaned out all the waste from the visible area. Will not activate. Any troubleshooting advise?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Does it hum or just nothing at all?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

If it hums then it is still jammed with something and a lot of times you can take an allen wrench and turn the blades. You would put the allen wrench in the very bottom in the center. The disposal actually came with a tool that kind of looks like a "Z". It may be under your kitchen cabinet. If you do not have it then an allen wrench will do. Turn it until it is free then try again. Eventually it should free. If you get nothing at all when you flick the switch then you will find a red reset button right next to the allen wrench socket on the bottom.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

I would like to assume that the information was helpful but would very much like some confirmation from you.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful or is there any clarification needed?