Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

The drain attachment, which is several inches and disappears

Customer Question

The drain attachment, which is several inches long and disappears in the forward direction at the end of the atachment, on my Kohler cast iron oval drop in Jacuzzi bathtub, has become de-attached and the drain handle no longer raises the drain up and down.
bathtub specs--purchased in 2006: 66", outside length, and 36" outside width with 3 jets on each side. I believe it is the Iron Works 66" x 36" drop-in whirlpool
What to do? Thanks
***@******.***
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial answer doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

If the linkage has become detached from the lever on the overflow plate and you can't reach into the overflow pipe and retrieve it (after removing the overflow plate) then the overflow pipe will need to be disassembled to retrieve the linkage so it can be reconnected. This assumes the linkage isn't actually broken in which case it would need to be replaced.