Noah Klein
Noah Klein,
Experience:  Owner, Master Plumber at Royal Plumbing, LLC
84679524

I have an RC 98 heater. I woke up this morning and found

Customer Question

I have an RC 98 heater. I woke up this morning and found both controllers displaying an x with a box around it, followed by two dashes. No hot water. I ran the error code cycle and only got "-0" as a code. Base unit looks fine. What's going on, and how can I fix it?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Noah Klein replied 1 year ago.

How old is the heater? Have you ever had it descaled? This unit should be descaled every year or two. It is also possible that there is a problem with the wire to the controller. You can easily open the panel and check the wire harness and / or connection. This could be an issue with a bad connection. I would recommend a descale with cleaning the intake and exhaust vents. Also, have the plumber check the burner area for debris and clean the ignitor. Good Luck!