Noah Klein
Noah Klein,
Experience:  Owner, Master Plumber at Royal Plumbing, LLC
84679524

I have a Noritz model N-084m-DV. It was installed in 2007. I

Customer Question

I have a Noritz model N-084m-DV. It was installed in 2007. I have suffered with "code 12" issues for over a year. My plumber was told to clean it our. He did rid it of lots of soot and it worked fine for a while. Recently it turns off more and more frequently. I turn it off and it comes back on. Today it will not turn back on. Merely says "66" on the code bar. It is powered by propane. What can I do? ***** *****
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Noah Klein replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am a Master Plumber certified by Noritz for tankless repair. A "12" error code just means that it's time for a descale. This unit should be descaled annually or more so, if you have hard water. If you are on a well, it should be descaled frequently, as Nortiz units are not recommended for well water. I have seen this problem before and it sounds like you could have a blockage in the exhaust or intake vents. This is easily cleaned. Additionally, there could be an issue with the burner not firing, maybe due to soot and debris in the burner. Lastly, there could be an issue with the temperature sensor. This would require a replacement sensor be installed. Good Luck!