Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I have a Rinnai R94LS and we have always had issues with it

Customer Question

I have a Rinnai R94LS and we have always had issues with it error coding. I ran the test and we had the following codes: 61,61,12,10, and 10. I have the cover off and followed instructions for high altitude settings. We are at around 6,000 feet. The DIP switches that are on are 1,2,5, and 6. I need to look to see if the fan is clean but I am not sure where it is located. I am a complete newbie at this...
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

All those errors (except 12 which is ignition failure) are draft issues and could be related to a problem with the fan. If you're a newbie this is not something you should be messing with. Even a competent plumber needs extensive training before servicing one of these units. You risk making things worse or creating a hazardous situation. You can however set the dip switches which should be 2 ON & 3 OFF for your altitude. Only 2 & 3 relate to high altitude conditions.