Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.
Experience:  Retired mech. contractor, shop owner, 51 yrs experience.
23932409

Just bought a house and the shower in master has no

Customer Question

Just bought a house and the shower in master has no pressure. Tub which is adjacent to shower has lots of pressure. I have ruled out the shower head as removing the unit and running water is still minimal water pressure. I have a single handle delta faucet. I have also replaced the hot cold diverter with a new delta unit. Still no pressure. I had the water heater replaced and there was a bunch of rust and crap in the line. Shower used to run born until we got a new water heater... Shower has never had any pressure. the only part left unchanged is the actual roughed in water valve.. can that get clogged up?? also.. I have turned water off then removed the water cartridge and turned water back on.. massive pressure.. put cartridge back in and no pressure. is it possible the hot water line is clogged and the cartridge is just lowering cold water pressure to match what is coming out of hot water??
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

So far it sounds like a bad cartridge, have you tried a new one yet?

We can go from there.

--------

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today, the company only pays me if you rate my work. It is how I earn a living, and does not increase your charges.

If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional cost.

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

If changing the cartridge fails, look at the single handle for a defect that is not pulling the cartridge out or rotating it when the handle is operated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have replaced the cartridge 2 x once with a generic and once with a delta factory part
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have tub lines for adjacent tub that work perfect and t off the shower lines. plenty of pressure. The only items from those ts up to shower head are the valve and the cartridge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is not the handle. it rotates perfectly
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, the handle may be rotating properly but *not engaging the cartridge.

Look that over, lets see what we can discover.

.