Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

Im hooking up a water softer not sure what pipes are inlet

Customer Question

im hooking up a water softer not sure what pipes are inlet and out lit
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the crazy thing is I closed one valve and opened another and a pipe burst a little hole. water was spraying into the basement celling i shut off main water line and got a luckey patch with a peace of rubber and a clamp. no leak from hole yet just getting weird dark water out of pipes
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay I just saw your question when I logged in this morning. It's not unusual for the water to have sediment in it after the water is shut off and the pipes drained. When you turn the water back on it picks up the sediment that clings to the inside of the pipes. However, if you still have questions about your hook-up I need pictures of the softener and the piping around it.

You can post a picture here by clicking on the paper clip icon in the tool bar at the top of this dialogue box. You can only post from a PC or a Mac not a phone or a tablet. If that doesn’t work for you then you can upload a pic to a file sharing service like Google pics or Dropbox. Then post the “share” link to your picture here or you can email the pic to customer service but the last option can take quite a while to get to me. Click on the CONTACT US link to contact customer service. http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us