Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

I have a whirlaway 291 garbage disposal and it stopped

Customer Question

I have a whirlaway 291 garbage disposal and it stopped working.When I press the circut breaker it just humes. What is my problem?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. The disposal is jammed. The disposal came with a tool. It is silver and kind of looks like a "Z". If you look on the bottom of the disposal there is a spot for that tool right in the middle. Put the tool in there and turn until the blades are free. Turn back and forth until it is completely free. If you do not have the tool then an allen wrench will work. You will need standard and not metric. I am not so sure about the size but it is one of the largest ones.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?