Hauserplb
Hauserplb, Plumber
Experience:  Over 20 years experience. Third generation
25685634

My new well pump is not working. I am reading about possible

Customer Question

My new well pump is not working. I am reading about possible remedies, figuring out what is wrong. The well is not too deep, but a lack of water should nt be the issue. While checking on it, I found that every faucet at the brn was wide open including the one t the water trough. Have turned them all off and am waiting to see if that allows the tank to fill up again.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Hauserplb replied 1 year ago.

Is it a jet pump, or a submersible?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's submersible. this is a girl you are talking to so speak s-l-o-w-l-y I'm not helpless but I am somewhat inexperienced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been charged, but I do not have an answer
Expert:  Hauserplb replied 1 year ago.

sorry about that, we'll get you staraightened out. So did the tank ever fill up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I actually don't know if it filled up; if it did, it is not releasing the water. But I suspect not. I did not hear any of the usual noises and the tank does not feel cool enough to have water. I have walked around and do not see any sign of a leak anywhere.
Expert:  Hauserplb replied 1 year ago.

Ok, do you have any way to determine if the power is running to the pump?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turn the pump on & off at the breaker box. I am going out there now & will plug in a light in the plug right under the breaker. That might be my best way to determine. Will report back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The power appears to be on. The plug leading from box works. I've never had a problem with the power.
Expert:  Hauserplb replied 1 year ago.
do you have an electrical tester? You need to be able to test the pressure switch and the continuity of the pump.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not. But I will get one & report back. I know what you are talking about. Thank you
Expert:  Hauserplb replied 1 year ago.

Did you get the eletrical tester?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have worked late every night this week so far. My neighbor has one & he said he would come over & test for me, but has not. If he has not done so by Saturday, I will purchase a tester and try myself. Will report back