Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I have a water spout in my garage that has a hose connected.

Customer Question

I have a water spout in my garage that has a hose connected. This is the hose to use to water anything in the back yard, wash car, etc. 4 days ago I used it to water plants with no issues at all. Yesterday I went to water my plants and no water would come out, not even a little drop. No water was going into the hose, nor out of the spout. I checked everything else in the house (bathroom sinks and toilets, kitchen and garage sinks, the water spout on my front porch, etc) and all of them worked just fine as they should. Any thoughts on why this one spout in the garage would just stop working? Thanks for your time.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Did anyone shut off a valve that would isolate the faucet? If not then the washer in the faucet could have broken loose or the stem could have stripped. Either could cause the issue you describe. If you want specifics I'd need a picture of the faucet

You can post a picture here by clicking on the paper clip icon in the tool bar at the top of this dialogue box. You can only post from a PC or a Mac not a phone or a tablet. If that doesn’t work for you then you can upload a pic to a file sharing service like Google pics or Dropbox. Then post the “share” link to your picture here or you can email the pic to customer service but the last option can take quite a while to get to me. Click on the CONTACT US link to contact customer service. http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us