Hauserplb
Hauserplb, Plumber
Experience:  Over 20 years experience. Third generation
25685634

I own a hybrid electric hot water heater. I notices

Customer Question

I own a hybrid electric hot water heater. I notices yesterday the water was not hot, but did not check the heater. Last evening I noticed the lights were off. Checked the circuit breaker and it was off. Turned it back on, went in, turned the power on, and walked away. It began beeping, said the power outage was wrong, to check the water level. I must admit I thought I was filling the tank, but was not, was emptying it. What must I do? How can I tell if the tank is full, and the power is okay? I've had it since 2010.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Hauserplb replied 1 year ago.

If you turned on the power with the tank empty, you have ruined the heating elements, and they will need replaced. The best way to tell if the heater is full is to turn on a hot water tap, and leave it on till air stops coming out.

Expert:  Shayne-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address.
Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/plumbing/98960-own-hybrid-electric-hot-water-heater-notices-yesterday.html
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.