Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have Revival Rite-Temp shower valve. The trim does not

Customer Question

Good morning, I have Revival Rite-Temp shower valve. The trim does not reach the valve. I have pictures. I bought a deep rough kit (1104834-BN) but I do not understand how it works. Your help please.
Thanks, Tim
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Have you threaded the brass ring over the white plastic then the stem extender? Is this the trim with screws for the cover plate or is the plate held on with the handle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The trim has screws for the cover plate not held on by the handle.
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Will you post the pictures?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have pics on my I phone. How shall I send them?
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

You should be able to use the paper clip icon to attach them....although I am not sure if it only works from the computer....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I text or email the pics?
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

So sorry for the delay. I got caught up on the phone. I am not able to provide an email or phone number. Are you able to try to post the pictures from a computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Waiting for your help
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

I will have to opt out and ope to other experts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thx
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I don't follow your statement "The trim has screws for the cover plate not held on by the handle. " The Revival plate doesn't have any screws through it. It is held on with the handle. Since we always rough in our valves at the right depth I'm not familiar with the deep rough package other than knowing it exists. I would expect that it would consist of a longer retainer (that the handle screws onto) and longer shank/stem extensions.
You can only post pics here from a PC or a Mac not a phone or a tablet. So if you want to post pics you need to get those pics onto your computer or you can email them to customer service (but that can take hours to get to me) http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us
Here is a link to the trim part blow up maybe that will give us some common ground to discuss this further if sending the pics doesn't work out

http://www.us.kohler.com/us/catalog/svg_viewer.jsp?productId=420773&diagram=0&iframe=true&width=1000&height=645

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Based on your response "since we always rough in our valves at the right depth..." I realized you were condescending and not helpful. Please do not charge me.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I wasn't being condescending and I'm sorry you took it that way. I was simply relating that I had no hands on experience with this kit. I'm still willing to do what I can to help if you can forgive my indiscretion. If not please confirm that you want a refund.