Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

I am renting a place and am having water pressure issues. We put in a new pump this spring

Customer Question

I am renting a place and am having water pressure issues. We put in a new pump this spring and I have enough pressure in the house to take a shower, but can only run one faucet at a time. If I have water outside running, I have none in the house. When I run water to my horses, the water runs in spurts, there is no steady flow
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. There should be a diaphragm tank on the system. This tank acts as a reserve to keep regular pressure. Either the diaphragm in the tank is broken, the air pressure is not correct on the tank or there is not a tank on the system. You may need a larger tank also if there is only a small diaphragm tank. If you do find that you have a tank on the system then release a little bit of air out the air valve. If water comes out then the tank needs to be replaced.