Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have a Rinnai model 2532 years now. A total source

Customer Question

I have a Rinnai model 2532 for 10 years now. A total source of frustration as each winter it turns off up to 5 times per winter! Technician says the problem is the exhaust pipe of 8ft is under our deck so it does not exhaust properly as it faces into the steps. It is 14" under the joists. They want to move the furnace to another wall (north facing) in our crawl space and vent it out into the open under our surround deck. A new repair company says we do not even need the original 8ft vent at all! I'm lost and do not want to pay any more winter repair bills as we are away in the winter. We live outside Kenora, ON. Please help!
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello,If i give you a political type polite answer, that is not going to help you a lot. With that in mind you should know that the life span on average for those units runs between 10 and 12 years, I have seen some go a lot longer. But that is average. The reason I typed that for you is so that you will know that moving that unit at great expense will not solve the problem for more than a few years at the most... the unit will have given up the ghost entirely by then. The estimate that it is a vent problem is a guess, I would not count it as 100% accurate. I am not sure that it can operate without a vent either. https://www.rinnai.us/documentation/downloads/V_Series_Indoor_25xx_U245-3250x0100_revised_A.pdf If you can send me a few photo's that show the vent completely that will help, use the paper clip icon at the top right end of the tool bar for that. http://screencast.com/t/cVUZ8bK8I need to know also if you can see a condensate trap in that vent line as I have circled in red from page 35.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will get pictures this morning. The vent has been disconnected at this point and new parts have been ordered, as they have the vent flush to the exterior wall.
Bob
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
That will work Bob, .