Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I recently had a Fleck 5600sxt water softener installed but

Customer Question

I recently had a Fleck 5600sxt water softener installed but the flex tubing was connected incorrectly and I need to redo it. Plumber who installed is "unavailable". My question is....I know I need to turn off water supply to house.....but do I also need
to turn off bypass valves? Also, by removing the flex tubing am I going to break any plumbing glue or tape that I need to have on hand in order to replace. Finally, are there any other problems I should anticipate....Thank you. Karen
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what you mean by flex tubing. Are you talking about PEX water lines? the backwash drain? If you aren't sure then I need a pictureYou can post a picture here by clicking on the paper clip icon in the toolbar at the top of this dialogue box. You can only post from a PC or a Mac not a phone or a tablet. If that doesn’t work for you then you can upload a pic to a file sharing service like https://photos.google.com/ OR https://www.dropbox.com and post the “share” link to your picture here or you can email the pic to customer service but the last option can take quite a while to get tome. Click on the CONTACT US link to contact customer service. http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is the flexible tubing that attaches to the back of the brine tank....there are two of them...one is ouflow....the other for inflow. The dealer said the tubing from output is connected to the wrong pipe inside the house.....as is the inflow....they need to be reversed. I don't think this is a difficult job but I just want to be certain I have everything off that needs to be off before I remove them. To post a picture will be difficult.....the above is how it was explained to be by distributor.....if it isn't making sense, however, that's fine.....thank you anyway.....Karen
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
The tubing to the brine tank is connected to the fleck head not the household water piping. The other tube is just an overflow in case the tank overfills. You don't need to turn anything off since water only flows into the brine tank during the backwash cycle. What the dealer said doesn't make any sense if I'm understanding you correctly. So I'm wondering if this isn't about something else. If you're sure what to do then to be safe just shut the water main off and open a faucet to relive the pressure on the piping then turn the faucet back off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's not how the tank is hook up on this model....so apparently we are missing.....will try elsewhere
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
OK