Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

Today the regulator on our storage tank was replaced. Tonight

Customer Question

Today the regulator on our storage tank was replaced. Tonight we turned the hot water on our Rinnai 2532 and the hot water did not come on. I called our gas supplier and he said there is a restart button. I cannot find any reference to a button like this. What would you do? Thank you. ***** -(###) ###-#### ***@******.***
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help with your issue.
There is no re-start button. The unit fires up when water flows through it. The only thing you can do to re-boot the unit is to unplug it wait a minute then plug it back in again. But I suspect the inlet filter/screen on the cold water connection at the tank is clogged given your description. When the water main is turned off then, drained then turned back on again it stirs up the sediment that clings to the inside of the piping. This sediment may have clogged the screen which is a common cause of the unit not responding.