Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

Get very weak to no water from dispenser, model GE HSS25IFMBWW.

Customer Question

Get very weak to no water from dispenser, model GE HSS25IFMBWW. When I open the line in the front bottom I get a very weak trickle of water from the line after the holding tank. I have replaced the valve in back and water pressure to the valve is strong. I blew out the line to the tank so I know there is no blockage. No leaks anywhere in the system Water is getting to the holding tank, but a trickle comes out. This is with the filter or the plug in place.
Thanks
RM Michigan
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Nick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Have you checked the bladder pressure in the tank. There should be a valve like one you would find on a tire. There would need to be about 5 to 7 psi. The tank would need to be empty to check the pressure. If there is no pressure you can try pumping it up and checking the pressure for about 15 min to make sure it's not dropping. If it is then the bladder is ruptured and will need to be replaced and should be the cause of the low pressure. Try this and get back to me with the results.