Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

Well... my husband is out of town week and my dishwasher won't drain. I

Customer Question

Well...
my husband is out of town for the week and my dishwasher won't drain.
I've finally gotten brave/desperate enough to try to see if I can figure it out.
I took the hose off of the disposal,
water drips from it when I press drain on the dishwasher.
But it probably took 20+ drain cycles to empty out 1/4" of water.
I found a youtube video that showed how to access the filter/drain thing to make sure it's not clogged, but my model doesn't have screws to take out the bottom part once the filters are out.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Hauserplb replied 1 year ago.
First do me a favor. Where the drain hose comes into the sink compartment, make sure nothing is pushed up against the hose, possibly kinking it off. If thats all fine, could you post a pick of the inside bottom of the washer so I can direct you better?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I didn't see your reply--my email filtered it. The hose is fine & not kinked. I'll upload a picture--I've taken several things out already.
Expert:  Hauserplb replied 1 year ago.
The dark plastic is your filter, though it looks clean. If you remove that and look down into that lower basin, you may find some debris in the the pump inlet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've already taken both filters out--what that picture was showing was water. I bailed the water out and now here are more pictures.
Expert:  Hauserplb replied 1 year ago.
Well unfortunately, One of two things have occured. Either you have gotten a larger peice of debris in the pump housing, restricting it's flow, or the pump itself is bad. To determine this, you will have to pull the entire dishwasher out from the cabinet space, flip it over and disassemble the pump housing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ugh, that is way beyond my skill level.
Expert:  Hauserplb replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, wish I could give you an easier route, but that is the next step. :(