Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.
Experience:  Retired mech. contractor, shop owner, 51 yrs experience.
23932409

We had to.move our.exterior above grade oil tank and reset

Customer Question

We had to.move our.exterior above grade oil tank and reset it today to place some masonry under it. We had turned off valve under oil tank and the reinstalled after we had placed tank back in loction. We are now having issues with our oil fired hot water heater not firing. I assume it has to do with a possible air bubble in line. What can I do?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome
Look for an air bleed button on the burner head near where the fuel line attaches. Get me the brand and model number of the burner... it will most likely be a Beckett model. I can pull the manual for you.
It is also possible that in moving the tank you stirred up some sludge in the bottom of the tank that may be clogging one of the oil filters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFKePQudSco
copy /paste that to your browser for a video on bleeders.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFY10lAQM28
Here is another video on the topic.
I will be back tomorrow at 12...I have a bad tooth that will be pulled tomorrow. If I am not fast enough for you, just click on the 'opt expert out' button and your question will go back on the list.
We can go from there. be sure to watch both video's...
----------
We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. It is how I earn a living, and does not increase your charges. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional cost.
.