Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I own a bar/restaurant with 2 men's rooms and 2 women's rooms.

Customer Question

I own a bar/restaurant with 2 men's rooms and 2 women's rooms. It was built in the 60s and has 4 flushometer urinals and 4 flushometer toilets. The toilets are all 1.6gpf. I'm not sure about the urinals. They all have Sloan Regal fixtures. Recently, on busy nights, a toilet or urinal will start to run and we lose water pressure everywhere else in the building. It happens at random toilets or urinals throughout the night. No toilets will flush while it's running and faucets are low. I also noticed even when it's slow, when you flush, the faucets flow is weak. Any idea what could cause this? I threw a pressure gauge on the exterior hose and it's where it should be.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
What was your pressure reading? was the water main turned off at any point? what type of piping (in the building AND the water service from the street) do you have?