Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have a triangle tube boiler - getting error code E 28. how

Customer Question

i have a triangle tube boiler - getting error code E 28. how do i fix at home?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Marc replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. E28 error code is a "no blower present" fault, indicating that the blower or power vent is not operating. It is imperative to have the blower unit functioning during the firing/startup sequence. Ensure that there is power going to the blower motor. If there is power, your blower may need replacing. If there is no power, check the wiring, if wiring is all fine, the control may need replacement.
Expert:  Marc replied 1 year ago.
Here is the link to the service manual. Pg 14 is where you want to look:http://www.triangletube.com/documents/33/Prestige%20SOLO%20Troubleshooting%20Guide.pdfPage 14 of this service manual will explain the error code as well as the proper testing process for the blower assembly. If you have a multi meter you may wish to try this yourself, otherwise I suggest contacting a service tech.
Expert:  Marc replied 1 year ago.
I don't think the hyperlink worked. Here it is again: http://www.triangletube.com/documents/33/Prestige%20SOLO%20Troubleshooting%20Guide.pdf
Expert:  Marc replied 1 year ago.
Good luck with your repairs. Feel free to post further questions if necessary. If you are completed, please remember to click on the smiley faces to rate the service I have provided you today.