Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

My mom has a Samsung dishwasher; she got a new sink and the

Customer Question

My mom has a Samsung dishwasher; she got a new sink and the plumbers hooked up faucet, dishwasher, etc. Now when she runs dishwasher it comes up with IE and shuts off. Trying to figure out if plumbers forgot to connect something?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Did she get a garbage disposal also? Is the water in the dishwasher draining out?
Expert:  Mike R. replied 2 years ago.
The problem is almost certainly very easy to fix. The disposal has a barb on it that the dishwasher would connect to for the drain. This barb has a cap inside it just in case there is not a dishwasher so before the disposal is hooked up the cap should be knocked out. The installer likely forgot the knock that plug out. To remove it just disconnect the dishwasher drain for the disposal and knock the cap out with a screwdriver and a hammer. Be sure to remove the little plastic piece that comes out before operating the dishwasher.