Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

My bathroom is on the walk in level of my home. There's on

Customer Question

my bathroom is on the walk in level of my home. There's on level above that where the bedrooms are. When it rains heavily, the vent in the bathroom on the walk-in level leaks. is it possible this could be coming from a pipe or is it more likely to be coming from the roof? There doesn't seem to be any leaking in the bedroom above that bathroom. And I'm trying to determine if this would be a plumbing issue or a roofing issue so I know what kind of contractor to call and don't have to pay someone to come out unnecessarily.
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I meant there's *one level above the bathroom where the leak is, which is the bedroom level, top floor.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
What type of vent? a heat/AC vent?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Ok, given your description particularly that this only occurs when it rains, would point to a roofing issue. If you had a plumbing leak/issue it would not be dependent on the weather
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, I misinformed you. Its actually the vent for the fan in the bathroom. I still don't think it's a plumbing issue though, because the pipe for that vent leads to the outside of the townhouse, and there's no cover on it. So I think maybe when it pours rain and there's also wind, the water goes into that pipe and leaks through the fan.Sorry to waste your time, i didn't realize my tenant had already spoken to someone about this issue and received advice on it.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks for using Just Answer