Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

Two handled commercial faucet, hot water was leaking. Replaced

Customer Question

Two handled commercial faucet, hot water was leaking. Replaced the stem. No water will come out with new stem on. Put old stem back on and there's water, still dripping badly. Don't understand why new stem won't work
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Marc replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. I'll assist you today to the best of my ability. When completed, please remember to click on the smiley faces.
Can you tell me what brand faucet this is?
With many of these faucets, the stem must be installed in either the opened position or closed position (depending on the brand) in order to function properly. It's all in the placement when the bonnet nut is tightened to hold the stem in place.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have no idea of the brand. There's nothing on the sink. All the invoice says for new stem is product # ***** commercial foreign stem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was able to fix it. There was some debris in the new stem. I just wanted it documented that I didn't receive an answer before I fixed it myself.

Expert:  Marc replied 1 year ago.
I am glad you were able to get it repaired. thank you for using the service