Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

My Bradford White 40 gal gas heater is steadily leaking from

Customer Question

My Bradford White 40 gal gas heater is steadily leaking from the top around the gas vent. 9 yrs old. Any suggestions?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience as a plumber. I'll be glad to assist you today. Unfortunately the tank itself is not repairable. I regret to tell you that the only option at this point is replacement. Often I find very good deals on brand new water heaters on Craigslist. Often contractors will buy a new water heater for projects and the water heater does not get used so they sell them on Craigslist for much less than in the store. Often for about $150-200. The warranty would still be valid even if you do get it on Craigslist too. Sorry about your water heater though.