Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I turned the taps off to my Rinnai infinity 24 gas heater

Customer Question

Hi I turned the taps off to my Rinnai infinity 24 gas heater so I could change a tap in my house.
After installing the tap, I turned the taps back on to my Rinnai but it isn't working. I have checked the power supply and its getting power and the control pad in the kitchen is powered up. However if I turn the hot water on in the house I only get a trickle of cold water and the Rinnai doesn't fire up.
Any idea what the problem could be?
Gilles
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience as a plumber. I'll be glad to assist you today. When you turned off the water, did you also turn off the inlet valve for the water heater or only turn off the main water? Is this valve a quarter turn valve or is it a gate valve?