Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I have a Zoeller back up sump system. The 10Amp/12 volt charger

Customer Question

I have a Zoeller back up sump system. The 10Amp/12 volt charger unit starts beeping with frequency. It stops for some time after using the reset button but starts again whenever it wants. I replaced the battery yesterday since it was over three years old so I know the battery is not the problem. The charger unit continually displays a non-blinking yellow light as if recharging the battery but I know the battery is charged and the green light never goes on. Is the charger unit bad? I went to a plumbing supply store to try to buy a charger but they only sell the complete kit. Do I need a new charger unit?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it sounds like the problem is with the charger. Try a different supply house. It's true this is generally only available as a package but you should be able to find a supplier who will order you a new charger only.