Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

Does every tub have a overflow trap that's removable? ??? My

Customer Question

Does every tub have a overflow trap that's removable? ??? My tub the water won't go down. On utube how to videos the overflow. Unscrewed and hair removed then hair from tub drain removed by hair hook. This solves most problems for free water flow. But
my old tub doesn't have a screw to remove the overflow. Help did old tubs not have removable overflow???? Got pictures but how do I send. I need in the overflow trap I got snake its 10 feet plenty. Help
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't get photos from phone to sent to u. I hit add file gallery tap pic the send no pics. Ur site never sends pics from a phone and my laptop in shop. Besides everyone puts pics on phones so update phone pic app on your end. Her a email I.can send my pic to"!""
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got overflow off. Which does not have a way to catch hair. So will try to cover overflow and use plunger
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But look likes drywall
Fell in shower drain
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What desolves dry wall?????
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Do you have a snake to snake the drain out? The best way to remove the blockage is to snake it out. Pouring chemicals is the worst way to remove blockages as it will eventually make the problem much worse. There is a sink snake at Lowes and Home Depot that would certainly do the trick.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/BrassCraft-1-4-in-x-20-in-Encased-Sink-Cleaner-BC90220-4/100578685