Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.
Experience:  Retired mech. contractor, shop owner, 51 yrs experience.
23932409

I have a Rinnai q175 condensing boiler. I have no hot water.

Customer Question

I have a Rinnai q175 condensing boiler. I have no hot water. The readout says p10 refill. The manual says to use the filling loop, but doesn't say what a filling loop is or how to find it. Can you help please.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Welcome!

This should be the manual for your boiler,

See page 52 on filling the boiler... review that to familiarize yourself

http://www.royalmechanicalllc.com/files/2-7457.pdf

then after you are familiar I will coach you as needed to get the job done.

-------

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge.

.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I solved the problem by hitting the "reset" button. Possible that the readout was an error. Thanks anyway -- I assume the minimum $5 charge applies?
Alex
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Good work Alex, however the reset button tripped for a reason, it will likely trip again shortly, in that case we should continue with the trouble shooting etc.

I am not part of management, I am a customer of the web site, just on the expert side of the equation.

Wait a bit, lets see how it goes, then if you want a refund click the 'customer service' button and select refund.

There is no need to rate my assistance negatively, that will not get you a refund, but asking for one will get you a refund.

.