Plmqwk
Plmqwk, Master Plumber
Experience:  20+ years in plumbing field. Licensed master plumber, commercial plumbing inspector
47536969

I have a Legend T-550 that is pre-2007. Black lettering on a silver di

Customer Question

I have a Legend T-550 that is pre-2007. Black lettering on a silver disk, black handle with "Pat pending" on that disk. The valve is short enough to fit in a 6 inch wall cavity, so is probably a 4" unit. The problem with legends repair kit site is that my cartridge does not match the one they show and the my overall length (6 3/4 inches)is shorter by about an inch than what they show. Additionally, they show two o-rings at the end of the cartridge, my unit had two ceramic disks that fit internally in the cartridge end. It is as if they do not show parts for my unit. Can you help?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. I will do my best to fully answer your question(s).
http://www.legendvalve.com/technical/techbulletins/t550_t-550a_repair_parts_3.31.11.pdf
see the link above. Fro your description the LOWER pic and replacement parts.
These are the ONLY spigots to my knowledge Legend has made. I wonder if you possibly have a different knock-off brand? Or double check you are measuring in the proper locations for over all length.
Alos verify the site I linked to you is the same you have.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is the website I visited first. That valve stem shown in the bottom page is not the same valve stem I have in my hand. It is not a knock off Legend valve. I gave you a pretty clear description of what I have, I have spoken to plumbers that are familiar with this faucet and know the problem with the ceramic discs when freezing. They say that those valves are the reason they no longer use Legend. You have been no help at all. You obviously didn't invest any effort at all; I won't be paying you.