Plmqwk
Plmqwk, Master Plumber
Experience:  20+ years in plumbing field. Licensed master plumber, commercial plumbing inspector
47536969

Water doesn't come out of exterior spigot. water in house

Customer Question

Water doesn't come out of exterior spigot. water in house is still on. all valves appear to be open from inside.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. I will do my best to fully answer your question(s).
This is common ESPECIALLY if you have a "mansfield" brand faucet. Couple easy tricks to do.
1st, with the faucet in the on position grab the handle and then give the face of it (middle of handle) a good thud with hammer. This sometimes is just enough to dislodge the spring in the back that sticks after being closed a long time.
2nd if that doesnt work you can dissasemble the spigot. turn the valve off at your main water inlet or at the individual shut off for the spigot if you have one then remove the handle. Beneath the handle you should see another nut. remove this one as well then turn the stem counter clockwise while pulling it until it comes out completely. Then replae all components in reverse order and turn on the water.
If it doesnt work after that then its time for a new one.
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 1 year ago.
I see that you reviewed my answer to your question.
Did my explanation help you or do you have any further questions regarding the issue?
If so please let me know. And if not please rate me according to how well you feel I assisted you.
Thank you!