Plmqwk
Plmqwk, Master Plumber
Experience:  20+ years in plumbing field. Licensed master plumber, commercial plumbing inspector
47536969

My kitchen sink, which is a side-by-side dual sink with garbage

Customer Question

My kitchen sink, which is a side-by-side dual sink with garbage disposal, is not draining properly. I have removed the pipes, and have snaked the major behind the wall, but I can not find a clog. The sink water is flowing into the disposal and vice-versa. This has never been a problem in the past. what could be the problem?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plmqwk replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. I will do my best to fully answer your question(s).
Very likely one of two issues. either you have a greasy build up that you have snaked thru (assuming you snaked far enough) and it closes back up once the snake is removed.
OR
Your snake followed up the vent pipe instead of down the drain. (this is more common in older homes with fittings that didnt have good direction of flow patterns to them.) talking 1960's and earlier galvanized type pipes.
oer likely the 1st thig I mentioned going on. Best to use a water jetter to remove greasy soapy clogs. snakes often times don't work when these clogs are bad.