Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I bought a Kohler Alteo faucet from a plumbing supply and had

Customer Question

I bought a Kohler Alteo faucet from a plumbing supply and had a plumber install it. The faucet leaked from the top. He removed the handle and said the cartridge was bad. Water kind of bubbles up from what looked like the top of cartridge. Plumber had to leave. I went and got a new cartridge from where I got the faucet and put it back in. Still leaks. There is an o-ring on the cap that goes on top of cartridge nut, but no other gaskets included. Only note is that the box had a contractor's name on it and looked like they ay have returned it. All the hardware was in sealed plastic so didn't think they installed it.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like you might have a defective faucet. Replacing the cartridge should stop a leak like you describe. I'd suggest you call Kohler directly at 800-4KOHLER.