Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

We bought a new house over the winter and it has an in ground

Customer Question

We bought a new house over the winter and it has an in ground sprinkler system. We've turned on the water and can hear that it is on, but the sprinkler heads won't come up or on. The panel also has a water drop crossed put in the corner, and it looks like the power source isn't connected in any way to the irrigation control valves. Where should it be attached, or is this not our problem?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
What is the brand and model of the controller? It sound slike you're saying there are no wires running from the controller to the solenoid valves in the yard. Is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that's what it seems like. The system is Toro but I don't see a model number on it anywhere.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
That plug/cord look pretty scary/frayed. Where does it go? I see a piece of conduit out the bottom of the controller so I suspect the wires to the solenoids in the system are. Remove the bottom panel to expose the terminals. It should pull off or slide down/off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That cord isn't frayed close up, it's wrapped around the control to keep it from dangling but it looks in good shape. It goes towards the irrigation control valve but isn't attached, so I was guessing that's the issue? We don't know what it should be attached to but this means the panel can't talk to the valves right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I can't get the panel cover off, I'll have to wait for my husband on that one.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We got it, dead battery haha
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
So your system is working now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes thanks
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome