Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

Is there a way a plumber (or me) increase the water pressure

Customer Question

is there a way a plumber (or me) increase the water pressure in my shower? thank you
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
If the water pressure is good everywhere else in the house then either the shower head is clogged with mineral deposits or you just need to get a better head. You can try cleaning the head. First remove it from the shower arm (the pipe coming out of the wall) then check to see if there is any debris inside the head where the pipe connected. Then soak the head in white vinegar (submerge it) overnight. CLR or Limeaway will work somewhat better than vinegar. If that doesn't help then replacing the head is the next thing to try.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
actually, i didn't ask the question appropriately. i need to know how to increase the water pressure throughout the whole house. sorry. thanks, marjorie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you get my follow up questiondid you get my follow-up question?/
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Are you on a well or town water?