Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

Trying to tighten my kitchen faucet and cannot get the hydro

Customer Question

Trying to tighten my kitchen faucet and cannot get the hydro lock off to get to the nut to tighten up the faucet Help!
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what you mean by a "hydro lock" please explain? do you have a basin wrench? brand and model of the faucet would be a help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's to the underside of the faucet. The white clips on the adapter need to be in the full open position. Slide the hose into the Hydrolock connector as far as possible then push in the white clip. There will be a distinctive "click" sound. Repeat the process when attaching the Hydrolock connector to the faucet. Be careful to join these fittings as straight as possible.faucet and it has a clip in the goes to the sprayer but to tighten the nut to fasten the faucet have have to get it off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was supposed to be a picture of what it like and where it attaches. I don't know if it came thru or not
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like you have the manual so I need the brand and model of the faucet. You can post a picture here by clicking on the paper clip icon in the tool bar at the top of this dialogue box. You can only post from a PC or a Mac not a phone or a tablet. If that doesn’t work for you then you can upload a pic to a file sharing service likehttp://tinypic.com/ OR https://www.dropbox.comand post the “share” link to your picture here or you can email the pic to customer service but the last option can take quite a while to get to me. Click on the CONTACT US link to contact customer service. http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Moen faucet model # ***** no paper instuction just from internet
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Specs I see for this model show it as having a base plate for a 3 hole sink. The nuts that tighten the faucet down are nowhere near the hoses in the center of the faucet. Or is this a 1 hole install/config
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes one hole install
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
single handle model with sprayer in another hole on sink
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but to connect sprayer you have to attach the water connection to the center hole so you can divert the water to sprayer when sprayer is needed
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
I don't see a 1 hole option for the model number you gave me. But since it's a Moen and it's pretty new (is it?) I can probably figure out the connection you have if you can't post a pic. Since it's apparently not the model you list can you describe it for me? single lever faucet body with spout and just a side spray or separate spout & handle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay Thanks for you help
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. We can keep at this if you like