Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I'm looking to install a Rinnai RUR98i in my new construction

Customer Question

I'm looking to install a Rinnai RUR98i in my new construction home, what do I need to additionally purchase
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help with your issue.

I'm not sure what you're looking for. You can vent this unit with PVC (most cost effective choice) and standard PVC fittings. If you are going to sidewall vent this and you want a neater appearance than 2 3 or 4" pipes coming out the side of the house then you'll have to use an approved termination fitting (speced in the manual). Aside from that gas and water piping of course, also generic. The unit needs power so you'll need an outlet nearby. Here is a link to the install manual so you can look it over.

http://www.rinnai.us/documentation/downloads/100000352%2801%29.pdf