Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I have an older washer (15 years old) and it hasn't worked

Customer Question

I have an older washer (15 years old) and it hasn't worked in a year. I've been going to the laundry for washing clothes and dry them at home.
My kitchen and living room were flooded by water coming from the laundry room (which also has the water heater in it) and I'm not sure if the flood was caused by the washer or water heater.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help with your issue.
If the flood was last year then it's probably not the water heater. It could be the washing machine or the fill hoses connected to the machine that caused the flood particularly if the water was left on all the time to the machine. If the flood is recent then it could be the water heater or the washing machine hoses.