Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have a Model GXSS20B water softner reason the timer

Customer Question

I have a Model GXSS20B water softner for some reason the timer went to 2 days and 8 minutes regeneration so I reprogramed it the other day and looked in the tank this morning and the tank is full of water over the salt. I live alone so I programed it for one person one day a week 2 minutes. what have I done wrong and how do I fix it?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
It's not a big cause for concern if the water level in the brine tank is a bit higher than normal. The water level in the brine tank is controlled by a float valve in the tank. If the water gets up to the over flow then the float valve is faulty and will need to be replaced. Here is the manual for your unit in case you don't have onehttp://www.geappliances.com/search/older-pdfs/49500623.PDF