Hauserplb
Hauserplb, Plumber
Experience:  Over 20 years experience. Third generation
25685634

I have a Kohler K-682-K Digital Valve. The overhead body sprays

Customer Question

I have a Kohler K-682-K Digital Valve. The overhead body sprays do not work. All other body sprays and the 2 shower heads work. I took the front off all 4 overhead body spray tiles and they were extremely corroded with rust. Having the front of the tile removed doesnt fix the issue so it appears there is no water getting to these heads. The are connected to port 6 on the valve. Can one port go bad?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Hauserplb replied 1 year ago.
Absolutely one can go bad, if you see alot of build up, I think you know the answer to the issue. I've been able to clear these problems in the past by completely disassembling the valve, and blowing it out backwards with high pressure air. This is not a guarantee but it has worked for me in the past.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can one port be fixed or would the whole thing need to be replaced? I wouldnt do that due to cost and the fact that the rest work right now but if a single port could be replaced it might make sense.

I havent opened the valve up but to do what you suggest I assume it would just removing the screws, take the cover off and dig in?

Expert:  Hauserplb replied 1 year ago.
No you cannot replace one port, it is a integrated unit, which is why i suggested using compressed air to blow it out. If that is not possible then you will just have to be without it until you decide to replace it.