Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

whirlpool hot water heater with honeywell thermostat control,

whirlpool hot water heater with honeywell thermostat control, honeywell part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN300 series
has gone into high water temp shutdown mode
is only one year old
how do we reset and get hot water

Rick :

Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help with your issue.

I'm sorry but your Honeywell part numbers aren't available to me. Are you saying you have an ECO shutdown? Please describe the error indicators so I can verify your problem

Customer:

we have not hot water, one year old hot water heater

Rick :

I understand

Customer:

error indicators are as follows

Customer:

zero means controls off, pilot out normal operation would be one flash

Customer:

two thermopile voltage low four flashes mean high temp shutdown five flashes means temp sensor failure seven flashes gas control or valve failure eight flashes means flame sense error OURS IS FLASHING FOUR TIMES FOR HIGH TEMP SHUTDOWN

Rick :

Ok, I just wanted to verify your error message before I answered. To do that I would need the model number of your heater. That said the error you mention is typically a one time failure that cannot be reset. The gas control valve usually need to be replaced when you get this type of shutdown. Since the heater is only 1 year old this should be a warranty issue. If you could give me your model number I can double check this but this is my assessment based on what you've told me so far.

Customer:

MODEL NUMBER OF THE HOT WATER HEATER IS N40T61-343 MODEL NUMBER OF THE HONEYWELL PART NUMBER IS(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Rick :

Ok, give me a few to check this out. Please be aware that I don't work for Whirlpool or the big box store where this heater probably came from. I'm taking time out of my Sunday to try and help you out the best I can. I know this is frustrating for you but please don't shoot the messenger.

Customer:

understand and thanks will wait

Rick :

Ok, as I suspected the gas control valve needs to be replaced. Unless you bought this directly from a plumber (not from Lowes and had them install it) you'll probably have to call Whirlpool tomorrow for warranty service info. Call(NNN) NNN-NNNNfor warranty support. If you bought this directly from a plumber then I'd call them first thing Monday

Customer:

thanks

Thanks for using Just Answer! Please keep us in mind should you have questions in the future that could use some expert answers. You can request me personally for Plumbing, Heating or general Home Improvement/Building problems should the need arise. Just bookmark this URL for future reference
http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/expert-rickthecontractor/