Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.

I just purchased a 60 yr old home and need to purchase water

I just purchased a 60 yr old home and need to purchase water filtration/purification equipment. Would you read the water analysis provided and recommend a system. Please provide recommended part numbers to allow me to purchase the equipment.
Hardness 2.0 gpg
Iron 1.3 ppm
pH 5.1
TDS 81 ppm
Thank you

I'm Michelle and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will wait

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help with your issue.

It looks like you need a unit to reduce your high iron content and a second unit to neutralize your very acidic water. While your water hardness is not in the excessive range most water softeners will also remove the iron concentrations you indicate. The tough problem is your ph reading. It will be difficult to find a neutralizer (available to a retail customer) that will raise the ph to a non-aggressive level. However if you don't have copper piping (or other metal piping) then not being able to raise the ph all the way to neutral (ph 7) is not a significant issue but you will still need a neutralizer.

As far as specifying equipment for you to purchase; You can buy softeners at just about any big box store (Lowes, Home Depot, Sears) but they don't appear to sell neutralizers. So even if I spec equipment it won't do you much good if you can't buy it in your area. Also, unless you plan on connecting the unit(s) yourself you will be hard pressed to find anyone to hook them up and or service them if you buy them yourself. let me know if you have more questions.
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience: Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.