Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I have a pro 333 model. I think I put too much down it. It

I have a pro 333 model. I think I put too much down it. It needs a reset. How? Thanks
Welcome to Just Answer. I'll do my best to help with your issue.

The small square red reset button is on the bottom of the disposal. If it's tripped pushing it in should start the unit. Let me know if that doesn't solve this problem and we can explore other options
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Rick,My husband just got time to look at the pro 333 model sink garbage disposal. He pushed the red button in.We turned on the switch. The button popped back out nothing happened. The unit was hot to the touch. Is this the end? The unit was here when we bought the house last Sept. Sometimes the dishwasher would back up into that side of the sink and I would put on the disposal unit to clear the sink but I hardly ever used it except Sunday when I had to dispose of some possibly bad crab bisque. Waiting for your reply. Thank You. Patricia

It sounds like nothing you did would have caused this problem. What you describe indicates to me that it's time for a new disposal or if you don't need one you can just eliminate it and pipe the sink into the drain directly. If you decide you want to replace it then another In Sink Erator disposal is your best bet. If you plan on staying there for more than 5 years you should consider a stainless steel model. If you don't plan on staying that long then a Badger 5 model will be adequate.