Billy
Billy, Mechanical Contractor
Experience:  State Licensed Mechanical Contractor

i have a rheem pronto tankless hot water and it sounds like

i have a rheem pronto tankless hot water and it sounds like the water is running. I cant get the power to come on to the unit now, so i have no hot water. i tried running water for a lil bit, and even shutting water off. it still sounds like the water s running. what should i check now? i was supposed to be showering to get ready for work.

i turned the water off to the house because the water meter is spinning like a windmill in a wind storm. so now i am guessing- water leak ? 

for the love of puppies and kittens,please tell me there is an easy fix or trouble shoot. i dont need any more bad news right now and lord knows i dont want to have to tunnel under my house. my husband has taken ill allof a sudden and im trying to tend to him. so, good news please? 

Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Billy replied 12 months ago.

First of all...you say you hear water running but you do not have water at sinks, showers etc?

Billy

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

i can hear the water running through the water heater. i had to shut water off to the house to stop it. i have water if i leave the water main on. but it just keeps running. the power to the water heater wont come back on.

i checked my water meter and its spinning like googlie eyes.

ps -luv the picture of ur buddy. hes beautiful. a lab ?

Expert:  Billy replied 12 months ago.
That is my best buddy...he is a Newfoundland.

When you turn the main off...does meter still spin?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

wow - they are amazing dogs !!!!!!!!!!! very smart.

ima go check the meter again.....be right back

Expert:  Billy replied 12 months ago.

Standing by

Billy

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

meter not spinning. Frown

that's a bad sign right? Cry

it wasnt doing it last night. heard it when i got up this am at 4

Expert:  Billy replied 12 months ago.
Yes it is.

Somewhere a faucet is open or a leak has occurred. Did you check all outdoor spigots?

Billy

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

hmm....one spigot is broke - be right back. ima turn water on again and see if its leaking from there. keep ur fingers crossed for me !!!!!!!!!! lol

need good news and good vibes right now Billy. lol

Expert:  Billy replied 12 months ago.

I really...really hope it is simple...

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

ok- no dice. spigots are off and not leaking.

where should i start digging ? lol

Expert:  Billy replied 12 months ago.
You should have other shut offs after the main...locate any you can find....feed to washing machine, water heater etc...and one at a time turn off to try and isolate which circuit is responsible.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

ok, so i should turn the water back on, then start shutting off the other valves ? if the water stops running when do that to each spot, that will tell me where the leak is right?

Expert:  Billy replied 12 months ago.
Correct,

first find any shut offs you can.

Then turn main on...then one at a time turn the others off...until you verify water is off.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

oh thank you !!!!!! i will get on that asap.

have a sick husband in bed right now and have to get him up to go to the dr. had to miss work and hope my employees don't goof off today. so this is not exactly what i was looking forward to this am on top of husband being sick.

so now i am playing the role of "Mrs Fix it All" today.

i appreciate your help and professionalism in my time of need. talk about 'damsel in distress" sheesh............lol

give your buddy a good ear rubbing for me, hes beautiful. will be in touch again later.

thanks again !!!!!!!!!

Expert:  Billy replied 12 months ago.
I wish you well...AND...I am available for 30 days so feel free to keep in touch if you need further help.

Billy

Billy, Mechanical Contractor
Experience: State Licensed Mechanical Contractor
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

will do. thx Wink